Saturday, May 20, 2006

Drawing and Painting a "Twisting", Sleeping Cat and some Dutch lessons!

Well, it did rain (regen) again and is raining (regenen) today, but it's good for the flowers (bloemen), or so the humans tell us...

So, not much to do again, but sleep (slaap). I like sleeping;I'm good at it. All this sleeping I do gives my human "mother" (moeder) many opportunities to try to catch me on paper with her Pentel inkbrush and her Winsor & Newton watercolors. See how cooperative a cat can really be?! Meow.

However, I twist (draaien) a lot while I sleep, because I'm doing cat aerobics in my sleep ... have to get my exercise sometime, you know! This is what I look like "twisting".

I do, sometimes, sit still long enough so that my human can get a good painting (schilderij) of my face (gezicht) - usually while I'm in the moment I like to call "cat twilight sleep". Here, I am contemplating what I will dream (droom) about today. ;-)





While the sun briefly peeked out, Sacha and I sat on our garden (tuin) path... we love our garden (wij houden van onze tuin) !




We hope you do too (wij hopen jij ook).

Tot volgende week!

( see you next week)

Finn

P.S. You will notice our posts are almost always peppered with dutch; sometimes only words, but also sentences. We're doing this because our American human has to learn this language and it is not an easy language (although, dutch is far easier than Cattonian.. ). We hope we don't confuse you with the use of two languages in our posts, but our Dutch human and our American human actually speak a sort of combination of the two languages that they call "dinglish"! We've caught on quickly to what they speak, because we are cats (of course), but they haven't quite got the hang of Cattonian ... yet. Meow! :D



No comments:

CATEGORIES

Drawing (181) Pen and Ink (133) Colored Pencils (120) Netherlands (103) Sketches/Sketchbooks (101) Moleskine (97) Watercolors (97) Celebrations (93) France (79) Travel (78) flowers (64) Holland (52) Dutch Language (51) Garden (51) Cats (46) Utrecht (45) Random Silliness (44) Photo Friday (34) Food (24) Dutch (23) Limousin (23) Christmas (22) Tulips (22) Art History (21) Sacha (20) Chateau-Chervix (18) Sketches (17) Halloween (16) Travel in The Netherlands (16) Gouache (14) Paris (13) Folded Moleskine (12) Blog Birthday (11) Limoges (11) Valentines (11) Sinterklaas (10) Watercolor Pencils (10) collections (10) Easter (9) Inspiration (8) Thanksgiving (8) Belgium (7) Cathedrals (7) Drafting Film (7) In Memorium (7) Koninginnedag (7) Museums (7) New Year's Eve (7) Pumpkins (7) collections nature (7) Antwerp Belgium (6) Birds (5) Cooking (5) Earth Day (5) Friesland (5) graphite (5) shells (5) Driekoningen (4) Queen's Day (4) Candy (3) Chinese New Year (3) Crochet (3) Dordogne (3) Finn (3) Germany (3) Leuven Belgium (3) Markers (3) North Holland (3) Sarlat la Canéda (3) Vienna (3) Vintage (3) medieval history (3) spammers (3) 4th of July (2) Beeld en Geluid Museum (2) Berlin (2) Chartres (2) Crafts (2) Crows (2) Delft (2) Gent Belgium (2) Haarzuillens (2) Hilversum (2) Independence Day (2) Kasteel de Haar (2) Memorial Day (2) Panoramas (2) Pieter Bruegel the Elder (2) Software Programs (2) image scrapers (2) lantern plant (2) souvenirs (2) watercolor (2) watersoluable graphite (2) April Fool's Day (1) Carcassonne (1) Chateau de Hautefort (1) Claywork (1) Collonges la Rouge (1) Dirk Bouts (1) Emmen (1) Keukenhof (1) Languedoc (1) Museum Speelklok (1) Netherlandish Painting (1) Peony (1) Peter Paul Rubens (1) PhotoShop (1) Recipe (1) Stones and Rocks (1) Sumi-e Brush and Ink (1) Vermeer (1) Vintage Postcards (1) Vlieland (1) Woerden (1) digital drawing (1) ice skating (1) outages blogger (1)

Followers