Tuesday, October 28, 2008

She returns from France ...

`
Returned! I just opened mine eyes, and lo, I’m back in the Netherlands! You would not believe that I'd been abducted by aliens, so I won't bother with that story, but they did provide me with French chocolate and pastries while I was their “guest”. :o)

Upon my return to the "Pays-Bas" (the low lands), I am now distracted with: discovering time stands still for no one, personal projects that need attending to, generally being Snow White to society in general (which means the family and the wash), the impending Halloween events, a demanding little Sacha cat who needs an insane amount of attention right now - my days are fun and exciting from the light through yonder window breaks to sun down and beyond. I am happy with that - life is good.

I won't promise anything to you but I will blog about *something* when I find a minute or two in the next few days/weeks. Well, I'll try... maybe even tomorrow... we'll see ... I don't know, it depends on the "spirits". ;o)

This is for my ever faithful, devoted public ...
A picture of a French party shop decked out for Halloween. I took this pic a couple of weeks ago in Rouen, France.

photo copyright 2008, Judith Nijholt-Strong
"Espirit de Fête - Rouen, France - October, 2008"

Have to scoot ... see you next update.
(Sacha is loudly meowing next to me, as if no one petted her in 2 weeks - she lies, of course. She’s spoiled rotten! )

Tot ziens,
Judy

.......................................

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm totally LOVING the look of that stretch moleskin book!
...found a pumkin patch yet? LOL

Charne

J. Nijholt-Strong said...

Hey Charne!!! :o)

Ty about the stretch Moleskine... I love working in it.

Nope, jammer! Didn't really find a pumpkin patch here in NL and there wasn't one in France either!! eek!
Ended up with 2 small (bland tasting) cooking pumpkins...probably show them tomorrow night after I carve them up. ROFL

Good to see you around.

xxx
Judy

CATEGORIES

Drawing (181) Pen and Ink (132) Colored Pencils (119) Netherlands (103) Sketches/Sketchbooks (101) Watercolors (97) Moleskine (96) Celebrations (93) France (79) Travel (78) flowers (63) Holland (52) Dutch Language (51) Garden (50) Cats (46) Utrecht (45) Random Silliness (44) Photo Friday (34) Food (24) Dutch (23) Limousin (23) Christmas (22) Tulips (22) Art History (21) Sacha (20) Chateau-Chervix (18) Sketches (17) Halloween (16) Travel in The Netherlands (16) Gouache (14) Paris (13) Folded Moleskine (12) Blog Birthday (11) Limoges (11) Valentines (11) Sinterklaas (10) Watercolor Pencils (10) collections (10) Easter (9) Inspiration (8) Thanksgiving (8) Belgium (7) Cathedrals (7) Drafting Film (7) In Memorium (7) Koninginnedag (7) Museums (7) New Year's Eve (7) Pumpkins (7) collections nature (7) Antwerp Belgium (6) Birds (5) Cooking (5) Earth Day (5) Friesland (5) graphite (5) shells (5) Driekoningen (4) Queen's Day (4) Candy (3) Chinese New Year (3) Crochet (3) Dordogne (3) Finn (3) Germany (3) Leuven Belgium (3) Markers (3) North Holland (3) Sarlat la Canéda (3) Vienna (3) Vintage (3) medieval history (3) spammers (3) 4th of July (2) Beeld en Geluid Museum (2) Berlin (2) Chartres (2) Crafts (2) Crows (2) Delft (2) Gent Belgium (2) Haarzuillens (2) Hilversum (2) Independence Day (2) Kasteel de Haar (2) Memorial Day (2) Panoramas (2) Pieter Bruegel the Elder (2) Software Programs (2) image scrapers (2) lantern plant (2) souvenirs (2) watercolor (2) watersoluable graphite (2) April Fool's Day (1) Carcassonne (1) Chateau de Hautefort (1) Claywork (1) Collonges la Rouge (1) Dirk Bouts (1) Emmen (1) Keukenhof (1) Languedoc (1) Museum Speelklok (1) Netherlandish Painting (1) Peony (1) Peter Paul Rubens (1) PhotoShop (1) Recipe (1) Stones and Rocks (1) Sumi-e Brush and Ink (1) Vermeer (1) Vintage Postcards (1) Vlieland (1) Woerden (1) digital drawing (1) ice skating (1) outages blogger (1)

Followers