Friday, September 25, 2009

Collections: Buttons - Pen & Ink Drawing with Watercolor Pencil

`

copyright 2009, Judith Nijholt-Strong
"Buttons, Buttons and More Buttons"
7"h x 5.25"w
Pen & Ink, Watercolor pencil on Arches hp

Having some fun not being so realistic, for a change. Just spilled out my button tin on my desk (was actually looking for a specific button - can't find it...). Then I messed them all about, started drawing and took it from there. I also invented some buttons that weren't there ... I'm allowed to invent! ha!

I love the Sakura Micron pigment pens ... just love them - nice black ink, permanent, never bleeds when I do a watercolor wash. I've tried other brands of permanent pigment pens, but I always come back to the Sakura Microns.

The watercolor pencils I used were: Talens Van Gogh watercolour, Caran d'Ache Supracolor II Soft aquarelle and Faber-Castell Albrecht Dürer aquarelle. All three of those brands are my favorites and I mix & match them for various color combinations.

Now, back to trying to find the lost button ... button, button, who's got the button?

doei! (bye!),
Judy
Hmm, September has been productive.
If I keep this up, I'll have more posts this month than ever
(and no holiday posts either) ...
better try to control myself...
wouldn't want my friend Meisie to be expecting this level of posting.
*snigger* LOL
...................................................

3 comments:

Meisie said...

Oh no...now you're gonna have to keep it up! ha! LOL
I have a fine collection of buttons too, kept in Ouma's button tin ;-) yours is fun and colourful...what a delightful mini pic (or even a card) this is!
btw, Sakura Micron is alo my fave. It has never let me down, seems to dry instantly and never runs!

J. Nijholt-Strong said...

heh heh, TY Charne!!
Now you have to do something with Ouma's knopjes!
:p

Yep, the Micron's are great! Best I ever found (apart from my old original Koh-i-nor Rapidographs...but had to always re-fill and clean those.

hugs,
Judy

Meisie said...

don't get me started on the knopies! LOL...oMGosh yes I used to have the letraset pens worked so well, but I hated the cleaning and filling especially when you're chasing a deadline and clients breathe down your neck ACK! ;-D

CATEGORIES

Drawing (182) Pen and Ink (134) Colored Pencils (120) Netherlands (103) Sketches/Sketchbooks (101) Moleskine (98) Watercolors (98) Celebrations (94) France (79) Travel (78) flowers (65) Garden (52) Holland (52) Dutch Language (51) Cats (46) Utrecht (45) Random Silliness (44) Photo Friday (34) Food (24) Dutch (23) Limousin (23) Christmas (22) Tulips (22) Art History (21) Sacha (21) Chateau-Chervix (18) Sketches (17) Halloween (16) Travel in The Netherlands (16) Gouache (14) Paris (13) Folded Moleskine (12) Blog Birthday (11) Limoges (11) Valentines (11) Sinterklaas (10) Watercolor Pencils (10) collections (10) Easter (9) Inspiration (8) Thanksgiving (8) Belgium (7) Cathedrals (7) Drafting Film (7) In Memorium (7) Koninginnedag (7) Museums (7) New Year's Eve (7) Pumpkins (7) collections nature (7) Antwerp Belgium (6) Birds (5) Cooking (5) Earth Day (5) Friesland (5) graphite (5) shells (5) Driekoningen (4) Queen's Day (4) Candy (3) Chinese New Year (3) Crochet (3) Dordogne (3) Finn (3) Germany (3) Leuven Belgium (3) Markers (3) North Holland (3) Sarlat la Canéda (3) Vienna (3) Vintage (3) medieval history (3) spammers (3) 4th of July (2) Beeld en Geluid Museum (2) Berlin (2) Chartres (2) Crafts (2) Crows (2) Delft (2) Gent Belgium (2) Haarzuillens (2) Hilversum (2) Independence Day (2) Kasteel de Haar (2) Memorial Day (2) Panoramas (2) Pieter Bruegel the Elder (2) Software Programs (2) image scrapers (2) lantern plant (2) souvenirs (2) watercolor (2) watersoluable graphite (2) April Fool's Day (1) Carcassonne (1) Chateau de Hautefort (1) Claywork (1) Collonges la Rouge (1) Dirk Bouts (1) Emmen (1) Keukenhof (1) Languedoc (1) Museum Speelklok (1) Netherlandish Painting (1) Peony (1) Peter Paul Rubens (1) PhotoShop (1) Recipe (1) Stones and Rocks (1) Sumi-e Brush and Ink (1) Vermeer (1) Vintage Postcards (1) Vlieland (1) Woerden (1) digital drawing (1) ice skating (1) outages blogger (1)

Followers