Friday, August 20, 2010

Finishing Things! - Rembrandt Insulinde tulips colored pencil drawing.

.
drawing copyright Judith Nijholt-Strong
Insulindes in the Sky (sold)
8.5"h x 4"w approx.
colored pencils on paper


I've been busy tying up loose ends this month - which means I am getting on with finishing drawings and/or paintings that I've let sit for far too long. Currently, there are way too many "pots on the boil" in my studio ... way too many. *sigh*

The colored pencil drawing, of the Rembrandt "Insulinde" tulips, is one that I started two years ago! Yikes!, what took me so long?!! I posted about the beginning of this piece here (with some photos of the real tulips in their pots):
Since it's getting close to the time that I have to decided what tulips I want to plant in my garden by November of this year, I remembered that I had not finished this drawing of these beautiful tulips that I grew in planters the last few years. Now I want more of them actually in my garden and not in pots. The Rembrandt tulips are so beautiful, graceful and tall, with incredible varied patterning in the petals of each one (caused by a tulip virus in the bulbs, which is a good thing). Oh yes, I want to see more of these beauties in the Spring ! :o)

For the drawing, I used:
4 Bruynzeel Full-colors (discontinued brand, but I have two full sets), Faber-Castell Polychromos, Caran d'Ache Pablos, some Lyra Rembrandt Polycolors and Prismacolor - all regular colored pencils.
4 Stonehenge paper

Well, now it's on to the next drawing in the "need to get this done, before I die" drawer ... lol ! Excuse me while I disappear again - I'll post the next piece when I'm done, hopefully that won't be two years from now... tsjonge jonge jonge (my oh my, or tsk tsk)! :o)

tot de volgende keer,
(until next time)
Judy
.....................

2 comments:

Auke said...

Really beautiful sweetie!

J. Nijholt-Strong said...

:)
omg...lol
wat lief van je.
xxxxx

CATEGORIES

Drawing (181) Pen and Ink (132) Colored Pencils (119) Netherlands (103) Sketches/Sketchbooks (101) Watercolors (97) Moleskine (96) Celebrations (93) France (79) Travel (78) flowers (63) Holland (52) Dutch Language (51) Garden (50) Cats (46) Utrecht (45) Random Silliness (44) Photo Friday (34) Food (24) Dutch (23) Limousin (23) Christmas (22) Tulips (22) Art History (21) Sacha (20) Chateau-Chervix (18) Sketches (17) Halloween (16) Travel in The Netherlands (16) Gouache (14) Paris (13) Folded Moleskine (12) Blog Birthday (11) Limoges (11) Valentines (11) Sinterklaas (10) Watercolor Pencils (10) collections (10) Easter (9) Inspiration (8) Thanksgiving (8) Belgium (7) Cathedrals (7) Drafting Film (7) In Memorium (7) Koninginnedag (7) Museums (7) New Year's Eve (7) Pumpkins (7) collections nature (7) Antwerp Belgium (6) Birds (5) Cooking (5) Earth Day (5) Friesland (5) graphite (5) shells (5) Driekoningen (4) Queen's Day (4) Candy (3) Chinese New Year (3) Crochet (3) Dordogne (3) Finn (3) Germany (3) Leuven Belgium (3) Markers (3) North Holland (3) Sarlat la Canéda (3) Vienna (3) Vintage (3) medieval history (3) spammers (3) 4th of July (2) Beeld en Geluid Museum (2) Berlin (2) Chartres (2) Crafts (2) Crows (2) Delft (2) Gent Belgium (2) Haarzuillens (2) Hilversum (2) Independence Day (2) Kasteel de Haar (2) Memorial Day (2) Panoramas (2) Pieter Bruegel the Elder (2) Software Programs (2) image scrapers (2) lantern plant (2) souvenirs (2) watercolor (2) watersoluable graphite (2) April Fool's Day (1) Carcassonne (1) Chateau de Hautefort (1) Claywork (1) Collonges la Rouge (1) Dirk Bouts (1) Emmen (1) Keukenhof (1) Languedoc (1) Museum Speelklok (1) Netherlandish Painting (1) Peony (1) Peter Paul Rubens (1) PhotoShop (1) Recipe (1) Stones and Rocks (1) Sumi-e Brush and Ink (1) Vermeer (1) Vintage Postcards (1) Vlieland (1) Woerden (1) digital drawing (1) ice skating (1) outages blogger (1)

Followers