Saturday, September 4, 2010

A repost of sorts: Image Scrapers and Spam Comments - Stop it!

`
reposting this image - so appropriate!
"Children's Games"
Pieter Bruegel the Elder
1560
Oil on oak panel , 118 x 161 cm
Kunsthistorisches Museum Wien - Vienna, Austria

Again!!! More image highjacking of my artwork from off this blog and constant, dumb, spam in the comments on this blog. I don't post to this blog for a few weeks and the spammers think that they can post comments here about their rental properties (as if I care or would ever rent from them...NO!!!), plus I've found several of my drawings on an image scraping site (which will remain nameless since I don't want to give it any more advertising than it already gets). Of course, I'm not alone - there are millions of sites under attack daily, but that's no excuse for theft & crap spam.

To the spam commentors: It's an exercise in futility all you travel rental spammers to try to leave a comment on my blog, because your comments don't get accepted so they won't show up on this blog - you bloody fools. In addition, you have been reported as a spam blogger. Keep it up and I'll report you to Blogger, again and again and again.

Image Scrapers: The image scraping is another problem and a bigger problem. In addition to my own images being scraped (used without my permission), I found several images scraped from other artists I know who also blog. Now, this is a huge problem and one that is connected to Google Image searches. It's a bit beyond me, the tech end of it, and fighting it is virtually impossible as it's a fault of the how Google Image search works. Plus, since I don't write in Chinese (one of the sites who is currently doing most of the image scraping), I'm at a bit of a loss to correct the problem. In addition I'm not about to send an email to that crap scraping site to have my images removed - I'd probably open myself up to some crap virus or something.

I do think I have an idea how to get the image scraping to stop, but this will probably cause my images to no longer come up in a Google search, but so be it. If I am to continue with this blog, then something's going to have to change, or I'll just never post another image of my artwork here again.

I am, as you might imagine, beyond just a little bit angry ( and if I were to post what I'm really thinking I'd have to use every foul swear word in both my English and my Dutch dictionaries...and I mean foul!!!)

Spammers and Image scrapers - Ga weg! ( go away!)

We thought the painting by Pieter Bruegel the Elder was appropriate for this post ... for obvious reasons.


doei,
Judy
...........

No comments:

CATEGORIES

Drawing (182) Pen and Ink (134) Colored Pencils (120) Netherlands (103) Sketches/Sketchbooks (101) Moleskine (98) Watercolors (98) Celebrations (94) France (79) Travel (78) flowers (65) Garden (52) Holland (52) Dutch Language (51) Cats (46) Utrecht (45) Random Silliness (44) Photo Friday (34) Food (24) Dutch (23) Limousin (23) Christmas (22) Tulips (22) Art History (21) Sacha (21) Chateau-Chervix (18) Sketches (17) Halloween (16) Travel in The Netherlands (16) Gouache (14) Paris (13) Folded Moleskine (12) Blog Birthday (11) Limoges (11) Valentines (11) Sinterklaas (10) Watercolor Pencils (10) collections (10) Easter (9) Inspiration (8) Thanksgiving (8) Belgium (7) Cathedrals (7) Drafting Film (7) In Memorium (7) Koninginnedag (7) Museums (7) New Year's Eve (7) Pumpkins (7) collections nature (7) Antwerp Belgium (6) Birds (5) Cooking (5) Earth Day (5) Friesland (5) graphite (5) shells (5) Driekoningen (4) Queen's Day (4) Candy (3) Chinese New Year (3) Crochet (3) Dordogne (3) Finn (3) Germany (3) Leuven Belgium (3) Markers (3) North Holland (3) Sarlat la Canéda (3) Vienna (3) Vintage (3) medieval history (3) spammers (3) 4th of July (2) Beeld en Geluid Museum (2) Berlin (2) Chartres (2) Crafts (2) Crows (2) Delft (2) Gent Belgium (2) Haarzuillens (2) Hilversum (2) Independence Day (2) Kasteel de Haar (2) Memorial Day (2) Panoramas (2) Pieter Bruegel the Elder (2) Software Programs (2) image scrapers (2) lantern plant (2) souvenirs (2) watercolor (2) watersoluable graphite (2) April Fool's Day (1) Carcassonne (1) Chateau de Hautefort (1) Claywork (1) Collonges la Rouge (1) Dirk Bouts (1) Emmen (1) Keukenhof (1) Languedoc (1) Museum Speelklok (1) Netherlandish Painting (1) Peony (1) Peter Paul Rubens (1) PhotoShop (1) Recipe (1) Stones and Rocks (1) Sumi-e Brush and Ink (1) Vermeer (1) Vintage Postcards (1) Vlieland (1) Woerden (1) digital drawing (1) ice skating (1) outages blogger (1)

Followers