Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Vacation Time! - back to the Limousin, France.

.
photo & art copyright Judith Nijholt-Strong
The Travelling Sketch Kit - 2011
(pictured is my drawing of the side of a Limousin Chestnut Wood Basket)

Off we go again! We're headed back to the Limousin region of France, specifically Chateau-Chervix (not far from Limoges), for about a month. My husband and I simply love this region of France - it's so beautiful and peaceful.

As you can see by the photo above, I've packed my paints, colored pencils, pens, and sketchbooks - ready to continue my "Travels in France Moleskine" vol.4. :o) I'm eager to finish this volume of travel sketches/drawings.

I like keeping, making, painting, drawing the moleskines of my travels in France. Yeah, I know, (I've read) , some people who think this is too organized, too planned, or too finished ... "Pffft" say I, who cares?!! My travel moleskines are not really planned at all, I just like having the memories/drawings of my travels all in one place (or in this case, 4 volumes). 

Aww well, isn't it nice that we have the freedom to be different from others? I think so, and I think you can see by the photo above that I'm not really a very "organized" artist - lol!

So we're travelling by car .....
No known copyright restrictions
Autotoerisme / Tourists in a car - circa 1910
Netherlands National Archive - Spaarnestad Collection

No! Not in that car pictured above, but aren't those hat scarves, that the ladies are wearing,  mighty fetching?!? ;o)

I'm not sure if or when, I can or will, post to the blog while I'm away. If I can, I will post at least once about something...who knows what?!

So, it's bye-bye for now. I'll be back posting to the blog, with some drawings, come mid to end June.

P.S. If you're interested in old photos of the Netherlands and her people, see this collection in the Netherlands National Archives : www.spaarnestadphoto.nl/

:o)
Au revoir!
Judy
........................................................

4 comments:

Meisie said...

oooo have a wonderful time!!! You know how much I love your sketchbooks...I'm ready to be treated to some more beauties and interesting tales from you!

J. Nijholt-Strong said...

TY Meisie.
I'll do my best :)
tot ziens!!
*kusjes*

Judy

Paintings and Wanderings said...

I hope to exactly what you're doing in the very near future!
(Only in the Netherlands)
I didn't really think of making a specific book of memories just for that trip, but I think I will try it.
Thank you!

pencilsandpaint said...

Bon Voyage-looking forward to seeing the sketchbooks when you return.

CATEGORIES

Drawing (181) Pen and Ink (132) Colored Pencils (119) Netherlands (103) Sketches/Sketchbooks (101) Watercolors (97) Moleskine (96) Celebrations (93) France (79) Travel (78) flowers (63) Holland (52) Dutch Language (51) Garden (50) Cats (46) Utrecht (45) Random Silliness (44) Photo Friday (34) Food (24) Dutch (23) Limousin (23) Christmas (22) Tulips (22) Art History (21) Sacha (20) Chateau-Chervix (18) Sketches (17) Halloween (16) Travel in The Netherlands (16) Gouache (14) Paris (13) Folded Moleskine (12) Blog Birthday (11) Limoges (11) Valentines (11) Sinterklaas (10) Watercolor Pencils (10) collections (10) Easter (9) Inspiration (8) Thanksgiving (8) Belgium (7) Cathedrals (7) Drafting Film (7) In Memorium (7) Koninginnedag (7) Museums (7) New Year's Eve (7) Pumpkins (7) collections nature (7) Antwerp Belgium (6) Birds (5) Cooking (5) Earth Day (5) Friesland (5) graphite (5) shells (5) Driekoningen (4) Queen's Day (4) Candy (3) Chinese New Year (3) Crochet (3) Dordogne (3) Finn (3) Germany (3) Leuven Belgium (3) Markers (3) North Holland (3) Sarlat la Canéda (3) Vienna (3) Vintage (3) medieval history (3) spammers (3) 4th of July (2) Beeld en Geluid Museum (2) Berlin (2) Chartres (2) Crafts (2) Crows (2) Delft (2) Gent Belgium (2) Haarzuillens (2) Hilversum (2) Independence Day (2) Kasteel de Haar (2) Memorial Day (2) Panoramas (2) Pieter Bruegel the Elder (2) Software Programs (2) image scrapers (2) lantern plant (2) souvenirs (2) watercolor (2) watersoluable graphite (2) April Fool's Day (1) Carcassonne (1) Chateau de Hautefort (1) Claywork (1) Collonges la Rouge (1) Dirk Bouts (1) Emmen (1) Keukenhof (1) Languedoc (1) Museum Speelklok (1) Netherlandish Painting (1) Peony (1) Peter Paul Rubens (1) PhotoShop (1) Recipe (1) Stones and Rocks (1) Sumi-e Brush and Ink (1) Vermeer (1) Vintage Postcards (1) Vlieland (1) Woerden (1) digital drawing (1) ice skating (1) outages blogger (1)

Followers