Tuesday, September 27, 2011

"Wound Up" with distractions ...

.
It's Fall and, as usual, this season distracts me ... in a good way!

drawing copyright Judith Nijholt-Strong
all rights reserved.
Wound Up ~ September, 2011
approx. 7"h x 5"w
Regular colored pencils on Dahler-Rowney paper

When the nights begin to get a little chilly at this time of year, I always drag out my storage boxes of unfinished crochet and needlework projects. They're 'unfinished' projects because I keep unraveling the crochet - I'm never quite happy with some of the color combinations *sigh*

As if there isn't enough stuff on my studio desk, I had to draw one of the little balls of yarn - it was so cute sitting there on my desk. This is how my desk looks when I 'multi-task' ...

photo copyright Judith Nijholt-Strong. all rights reserved.
Distractions ~ September, 2011

Between finishing old and new drawings/paintings, I've been very busy with a few other "crafty" projects (i.e., new winter scraves, autumal centerpieces, decorations for Halloween). Yes, I work on these things simultaneously , all in my little attic studio here in Holland. I'm not sure why I work this way, but I always have. Am I crazy? - maybe ...

I blame it on Fall. :o)

tot ziens
Judy
....................................................................................

4 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

Judith, that makes at least two of us "crazies". My desk looks very similar. Happy multi-tasking!

J. Nijholt-Strong said...

:))) Kathryn!!!
I'm in good company then.
thanks for your comment :)
Judy

Patty said...

No you're not crazy, or I am!
Uh oh... there's a possibility I am...
:-)

I decided to knit or crochet my two daughters each a throw. Meghan's is 2" and I haven't started Kelsey's yet. This is knitting - if I were crocheting it, I'd be done by now.

But 'tis the season, isn't it? I love it, when it is time to take out the yarn work and hold it on your chilly body!

I love the drawing of your yarn. So simple, so perfect.

I finished that ginger plant painting, and I bought a sheet of CP Bockingford 250 lb. to try out. Wow, it is like a linen tablecloth, only much thicker. I have a lesson tomorrow, and am curious to see what it is like to work on it!

J. Nijholt-Strong said...

More good company! Hi Patty :)

Hope you will enjoy working on the Bockingford and good luck!

Judy

CATEGORIES

Drawing (182) Pen and Ink (134) Colored Pencils (120) Netherlands (103) Sketches/Sketchbooks (101) Moleskine (98) Watercolors (98) Celebrations (94) France (79) Travel (78) flowers (65) Garden (52) Holland (52) Dutch Language (51) Cats (46) Utrecht (45) Random Silliness (44) Photo Friday (34) Food (24) Dutch (23) Limousin (23) Christmas (22) Tulips (22) Art History (21) Sacha (21) Chateau-Chervix (18) Sketches (17) Halloween (16) Travel in The Netherlands (16) Gouache (14) Paris (13) Folded Moleskine (12) Blog Birthday (11) Limoges (11) Valentines (11) Sinterklaas (10) Watercolor Pencils (10) collections (10) Easter (9) Inspiration (8) Thanksgiving (8) Belgium (7) Cathedrals (7) Drafting Film (7) In Memorium (7) Koninginnedag (7) Museums (7) New Year's Eve (7) Pumpkins (7) collections nature (7) Antwerp Belgium (6) Birds (5) Cooking (5) Earth Day (5) Friesland (5) graphite (5) shells (5) Driekoningen (4) Queen's Day (4) Candy (3) Chinese New Year (3) Crochet (3) Dordogne (3) Finn (3) Germany (3) Leuven Belgium (3) Markers (3) North Holland (3) Sarlat la Canéda (3) Vienna (3) Vintage (3) medieval history (3) spammers (3) 4th of July (2) Beeld en Geluid Museum (2) Berlin (2) Chartres (2) Crafts (2) Crows (2) Delft (2) Gent Belgium (2) Haarzuillens (2) Hilversum (2) Independence Day (2) Kasteel de Haar (2) Memorial Day (2) Panoramas (2) Pieter Bruegel the Elder (2) Software Programs (2) image scrapers (2) lantern plant (2) souvenirs (2) watercolor (2) watersoluable graphite (2) April Fool's Day (1) Carcassonne (1) Chateau de Hautefort (1) Claywork (1) Collonges la Rouge (1) Dirk Bouts (1) Emmen (1) Keukenhof (1) Languedoc (1) Museum Speelklok (1) Netherlandish Painting (1) Peony (1) Peter Paul Rubens (1) PhotoShop (1) Recipe (1) Stones and Rocks (1) Sumi-e Brush and Ink (1) Vermeer (1) Vintage Postcards (1) Vlieland (1) Woerden (1) digital drawing (1) ice skating (1) outages blogger (1)

Followers